LARRP Holds Community Briefing on Reentry and Realignment
LARRP recently held a briefing to explain reentry and realignment to homeless services providers that are observing the impact on housing and other resources. Click here for the slides from the presentation.
LARRP Realignment Documents
- LARRP AB109 Myth Busters
- LARRP Question re County AB 109 RFP
- LARRP Welcome Letter to Probation Chief Powers
- LARRP Letter to Board of Supervisors on "Ban the Box" Legislation
Realignment Reports and Studies
- 2011 Public Safety Realignment Act: Report on the Implementation of Community Corrections Partnership Plans June 2013
- Public Safety Realignment in San Francisco - the First 12 Months
(December 19, 2012)
- Public Safety Realignment in San Francisco - the First 12 Months: Sources and Methodology (December 19, 2012)
- Center on Juvenile and Criminal Justice Research Brief:
One Year into Realignment: Progress Stalls, Stronger Incentives Needed (December 2012)
- Public Policy Institute of California Report Rethinking the State-Local Relationship: Corrections (August 2011)
- Realignment Overview by LE Associations
- UC Berkeley- Thinking Critically About Realignment in CA
LA County Documents impacting Realignment
- AB109/Probation Update Report 4/23/13
- Sacramento Update - 2011 Public Safety Realignment Legislation: 3/12/13 Report to the Board of Supervisors
- Taft Inter-County Transfer Contract: Proposed $75M Los Angeles County contact with the City of Taft in Kern County
- September 24 Motion Response: Reportback - Alternatives to Incarceration
- BOS Motion 2012_07_26_15_32_07 Inmate Transition Strategy
- LA County AB109 Implementation Plan - Sept 2011
- AB 109-117 Post Release Community Supervision_1
- 7-15-11 CDCR Realignment-Fact-Sheet
There is a Countywide fact sheet as well as a fact sheet by SPA for Los Angeles County. The system is working via Comprehensive Health Accompaniment Management Platform (CHAMP) for referrals to CBEST. We are excited about this new project and hope it can be useful!
Public safety realignment team meetings
The County of Los Angeles AB 109 public safety plan is coordinated through the Countywide Criminal Justice Coordination Committee's (CCJCC) Public Safety Realignment Team (PSRT). This team holds monthly meetings that are open to the public.
2nd Thursday of the month
Hall of Administration, 7th Floor
Countywide Criminal Justice Coordination Committee (CCJCC) works with impacted departments and provide status reports on public safety realignment implementation in the County. Click below for an archive of these updates
The Los Angeles County Probation Dept. publishes a monthly newsletter with selected data about the results of prision realignment in the county. Click below for an archive of these newsletters.
BACK TO BUSINESS: HOW HIRING FORMERLY INCARCERATED JOB SEEKERS BENEFITS YOUR COMPANY
Back to Business: How Hiring Formerly Incarcerated Job Seekers Benefits Your Company is a new report from the Trone Center for Justice & Equality. The report details the ways companies can combat the ills of decades of mass incarceration, while at the same tapping into the potential energy of a workforce of millions.
Shoutout to Suzanne Sanderson who shared with us! "This site seems to have a complete database of listings for all emergency, legal and law enforcement government offices in the country – with working phone numbers directions (at least for the ones I’ve tried!). I wanted to share the site because it has saved me a few headaches and I’m sure it would be useful to others as well."
Have a good tip for our community? Let Us know!