Preventative Measures for Congregate Living
The LARRP Housing Committee Meetings is held every other 3rd Thursday 1:30pm-3:00pm (Odd numbered months) at HOPICS 5715 S. Broadway, LA 9003
Making Connections for Reentry Housing
- Commonly Used Terminology within Coordinated Entry System,
- Programs within Homeless Services and CES
- How to Access Resources
Resources on Immigration Enforcement
The Los Angeles Homeless Services Authority (LAHSA) affirms the right of all individuals experiencing homelessness in the Los Angeles Continuum of Care (LA CoC) to access services and housing for which they are eligible by promoting welcoming, non-discriminatory environments that protect client privacy and safety. As a reminder, the resources below are available to help inform and prepare your organization as it relates to homelessness and immigration enforcement.
- Printable Rights Cards (Source: Immigrant Legal Resource Center—multiple languages available)
- Know Your Rights During Immigration Raids (Source: National Immigration Law Center)
- Family Preparedness Plans (Source: Immigrant Legal Resource Center)
- “Homelessness and Immigration Enforcement: What You Should Know” (Source: National Alliance to End Homelessness)
LARRP Housing Committee Meeting
Brief Check In Zoom Meeting
Housing Committee Charter
The LARRP Housing Committee focuses on:
- Understanding the housing and homeless services landscape
- identifying interim and permanent housing solutions for the reentry population.
- Tracking policies and guidelines that impact formerly incarcerated individual’s ability to access housing subsidies and resources.
The goal of the Committee is to create a reentry housing plan, which will include:
- Identification of the levels of need for the reentry population;
- Types of housing and services needed;
- Cost of services; and
- Existing resources and opportunities.