Housing Committee Charter
The purposes of the Housing Committee are to:
- Address the emerging housing needs of homeless individuals exiting the county jails and state prison systems by creating mechanisms to increase the availability of affordable housing and supportive services;
- Assist ex-offenders with sustaining their housing and reduce the rate of recidivism within the ex-offender population; and
- Increase the availability of housing vouchers and rental subsidies for the population.
The goal of the Committee is to create a reentry housing plan, which will include:
- Identification of the levels of need for the reentry population;
- Types of housing and services needed;
- Cost of services; and
- Existing resources and opportunities.
Housing Committee meetings
The Housing Work Group is currently designing a long-term planning process that will involve the broad array of stakeholders.
Housing Committee meetings are held the 4th Thursday of every month.
9:00 to 11:00 AM
3745 S Grand Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90007
California spends over $47,000 per inmate each year and less than $7,500 per