Housing Summit 2018
The conference will focus on the implementation of the Homeless Initiative Strategies funded through Measure H. Presented by The Department of Mental Health in conjunction with CSH and the Los Angeles Homeless Service Authority
LA DOOR Interim Housing Partner Request for Proposals (RFP)
The Los Angeles City Attorney's Office, through its Recidivism Reduction & Drug Diversion Unit (R2D2), is issuing this Request for Proposals (RFP) to fund interim shelter housing for male and female individuals aged 18 and over who are participants in the City Attorney's LA DOOR (Diversion Outreach & Opportunities for Recovery) program.
LA DOOR is a health-focused, comprehensive drug intervention approach that emphasizes field-based services, pre-booking diversion, community engagement, and financial leveraging to address substance dependence within the South LA community while limiting the number of misdemeanor drug cases processed through the traditional criminal justice system.
Proposals are due February 14th at 3:00 PM (PST). There is a mandatory bidders conference on January 25th at 2:00 PM (PST).
Speak Up Application for 2018
Now more than ever we need to invest in the voices of lived experience to drive systems change.
CSH Speak Up! is looking for individuals to empower as allies in our fight to end homelessness and change the story of what is possible in Los Angeles County.
Housing Committee Meetings
The Housing Work Group is currently designing a long-term planning process that will involve the broad array of stakeholders.
Housing Committee meetings are held at
5715 S. Broadway,
Los Angeles CA 90037
Upcoming Housing Committee Meetings:
Housing Committee Charter
The purposes of the Housing Committee are to:
- Address the emerging housing needs of homeless individuals exiting the county jails and state prison systems by creating mechanisms to increase the availability of affordable housing and supportive services;
- Assist ex-offenders with sustaining their housing and reduce the rate of recidivism within the ex-offender population; and
- Increase the availability of housing vouchers and rental subsidies for the population.
The goal of the Committee is to create a reentry housing plan, which will include:
- Identification of the levels of need for the reentry population;
- Types of housing and services needed;
- Cost of services; and
- Existing resources and opportunities.