Grant Opportunity $50K:
Reentry Through the Arts
(March 22, 2018 deadline)
The California Arts Council, which works to better lives through the arts, is expanding its reach to the reentry community (thanks to the 2016 Budget Act). They are exploring the power of the arts to positively impact the lives of formerly incarcerated adults, their families and their communities through this new grant program.
Reentry Through the Arts was piloted last year, making 13 grants across the state. This year they are offering grants to nonprofit organizations, local arts agencies, and units of government that
provide arts program to people who have been incarcerated.
What you Need to Know:
• Applicant must be a non-profit
• Applicant has to have a 2-year history of arts programming
• Funding can go to arts partner or reentry partner, must be letter of agreement between partners
• Administrative and overhead costs is fine, should be related to project
• Paying artists and stipends for participants is good
• For more information on the program, visit: http://arts.ca.gov/programs/rta.php