LARRP
more

LARRP is a network of public, community and faith-based agencies and individuals across Los Angeles County, focusing on the successful reintegration of previously incarcerated men and women back into their communities

ACTION ALERT!

Join LARRP's 50% Campaign!

Click here for more information and here for endorsement form.

 

LARRP is a project of Community Partners



 

larrp

updates

LARRP Announces 50% Campaign

LARRP is unveiling our 50% Campaign to advocate for 50% of the AB 109 funding that Los Angeles County receives from the state be allocated for supportive services and housing for those reentering their communities from prison and jail. Attend the General Meeting on May 14th and click here for more information and ways to get involved.

 

Chrysalis & LARRP Team to Provide Employment Guides: Obtaining Your Criminal Record & Drivers License

Chrysalis has prepared two guides to help overcome barriers to employment for formerly incarcerated people: Obtaining Your Criminal Record & Obtaining Your Driver's License. The LARRP Employment Committee will continue to keep these updated and posted on this website.
 
 

 
 
 
 

Updated Prop. 47 Fact Sheet

Mike Romano & Mark Faucette Honored for Prop. 36 Work

Mike Romano of Stanford Law Center and Mark Faucette of Amity Foundation and chair of LARRP's Steering Committee were honored by the Los Angeles County Criminal Courts Bar Association for their work in providing housing and services to people re-
leased from prison under Three Strikes Reform.

Drug Policy Alliance & LARRP have updated their Prop. 47 Fact Sheet based on recent changes in the court's procedures. Click here for the document.

 
 
 
 

in the

news

     read the article

A Record of Trouble
by Anat Rubin
The Marshall Project
April 11, 2015
California looks to halfway houses, finds a company cited for violence and escapes. This article explores the history of Community Education Centers, the new contractor for State Parole in Los Angeles County.

Out of Prison, and Staying Out, After 3rd Strike in California
by Erik Eckholm
New York Times
February 26, 2015
Formerly branded career criminals, those released over the last two years have returned to crime at a remarkably low rate — partly because they aged in prison, experts say, and participation in crime declines steadily after age 25, but also because of the intense practical aid and counseling many have received.

 

 

.

 

 

 

     read the article     read the article
 

events

larrp

 

14
May

LARRP General Meeting
      

Location: Amity Foundation
3750 S. Grand Avenue
Los Angeles
9  - 9:30 a.m. Registration
9:30 a.m. - 12 noon Meeting

IIn the last 4 years, Los Angeles County has received more than $1B from the state under AB 109. More than 80% has been spent on incarceration and supervision leaving less than 20% for support services and housing. Join LARRP's team to hear about how to join our 50% Campaign!

committees

larrp

LARRP's Committees meet monthly to address the broad scope of reentry issues. Contact info@lareentry.org for more information.
Steering Committee -  1st Thursday, 1 - 3 p.m.
 
Housing Work Group - To be scheduled


Employment Work Group
- 4th Thursday, 9 - 10:30 a.m.

Behavioral Health Work Group
- To be scheduled

Contact info@lareentry.org for more information or to RSVP.

 

LARRP sends out newsletters and Action Alerts to keep you informed.

Find out what you've missed. Access the LARRP newsletter archives:

         archives
 

LARRP has over 350 member organizations from the public, community and faith-based sectors.
To see our list of participating organizations or if you or your agency would like to become a member please click the link below:

     membership
 

signup

newsletter

HTML5 Websites